Friday, August 14, 2009

Final Thoughts: Columbia Heights

Having worked with the outreach programs at NBM in various capacities over the last year, I have to say that I am always amazed by and impressed with the students' final work. IWWL '09 is no exception. Coming into the program as a Team Leader I didn't quite know what to expect other than that somehow I, and the rest of the IWWL team, would get 30 teenagers excited about photography, creative writing, and exhibit design. With the group of students I worked with this summer, these were not hard tasks to accomplish. Not only did each student take wonderful photos, but also took on an active role when it came to selecting the exhibit's theme, the best photos to support that theme, and assisting with its final installation.

To the Columbia Heights (Heeey!) Team, I enjoyed getting to know each of you. Ya'll are a thoughtful, smart, creative, and funny bunch of kids. Thanks for a wonderful summer! Amazing work!

Lauren Wilson, Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment