Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Team Petworth

Hey!! My name is Sarah-Guyton Runnels, and I am an intern with Investigating Where We Live. I was born and raised in a small, southern town in Mississippi. When I was a senior in high school, my family moved to Kansas City, Missouri. I am currently a senior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia studying Visual Communications and Hospitality, Restaurant, Tourism Management. I plan to pursue a career in photography and design. This is my first time ever living in a big city, and I am quickly learning my way around. The metro and I recently became friends and I am determined to keep this relationship strong. HA!

When Breck and I visited Petworth I was really surprised how quiet it was. This area really is a "porch community." There are literally hundreds of porch homes where the people of this community can sit and take in this amazing area. The colorful flowers, birds chirping, children playing, and beautiful homes really makes this a hidden treasure within DC. I can't wait to further explore this area with my team!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Sarah-Guyton

No comments:

Post a Comment