Friday, July 30, 2010

I love my job!

I title this "I love my job," because no other place would I be helping to paper mache a giant crab one day and painting a mural the next. But it's not all arts and crafts. Yesterday I was on my hands and knees scrubbing paint off the gallery floor and sweeping- happily of course! :) But I've never had a job of which my responsibilities include everything from curriculum writing, teaching, mentoring, and getting my hands dirty. Thank you NBM!

The fourth week of IWWL is probably the most hectic of the program, but it's the most exciting as it's the week of the big reveal. Tonight we'll finally see all of the students' creative ideas and hard work make the gallery space come alive. I look forward to spending this evening with the IWWL participants, staff, volunteers, and members of the NBM community. I apologize for the lack of photos in this post, but I don't want to give too much away- you'll have to come see it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment