Thursday, June 24, 2010

Meet Team Trinidad!

Hey there. My name is Vinita and I am one of the interns for Investigating Where We Live. I'm working with team leader Andrew where we will explore Trinidad with the IWWL participants. I am studying Interior Design at Virginia Commonwealth University and have always been curious with how people interact with their environments. When I visited Trinidad with Andrew we saw a lot of residents relaxing on their porches who greeted us back as we passed by. I was also impressed to learn the neighborhood uses gardening as an outlet to beautify and encourage the growth of the community.

As we get closer to the start of the program, I get more and more excited to work with the teens and share the experience of environmental exploration. Now, if only Mother Nature cooperates....

Some of my first shots:


Interesting contrast between these two developments

Capital City Diner on Bladensburg Rd. NE

No comments:

Post a Comment